Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tara H

Default Many extra pages appearing from Excel mail merge

Hi Peter - it was Word and Excel XP. I don't know which connection method it
was using, I just clicked on the data source button on the mail merge
toolbar. I don't have those files (or that machine) any more, I'm afraid,
but I'm still kind of curious to know what happened.

Thanks,
Tara

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I don't know what is happeneing, but which version of Word and Excel, and
which method are you using to connect? (You can change methods in Word 2000
and earlier by checking "Select method" in the Open Data Source dialog box
and choosing DDE, ODBC, or the converter. You can change methods in Word
2002 and later by checking Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at
open and re-connecting to the data source, and selecting the method you
want).Typically, you will only be able to connect to the sheet you most
recently had open when you use DDE.

Peter Jamieson