Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Accidently Modified a Document

You need to be on a server running Windows 2003 Server with Shadow Copy
enabled for Versions to appear.

Otherwise, it is a lost cause.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"University of Maine student"
m wrote in message
If you type "recover" in the MS Word help (Shorcut F1), you may find a way
recover your document. I found this when searching for a way to help
recover
your document.
====================================
OPEN AN EARLIER VERSION OF A DOCUMENT

On the File menu, click Versions.
Click the version of the document you want to open.
Click Open.

This version contains all the previously saved versions.
====================================

"SWadeK48" wrote:

I have Word 2002 for XP and was going in to open a document. When I
clicked
to open it a pop-up box came up that I clicked away, only to find out
that it
was a box asking me if I wanted to replace the document. Not it's blank
and
the history shows that I modified it. How can I go back and undo that or
get
my old copy? Help!