Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default formula fields not calculating correctly

Hi Gerry,

Is this a formula field, or a formfield being used to perform calculations? If it's the latter, try the former. With a formula
field, =SUM(ABOVE) can be relied unless you have data rows above D5. If not and 'Add' really is 0 (not blank or 'O'), =SUM(ABOVE)
works fine. A formula like =SUM(D57) will return the correct result regardless - provided your data are on rows 5-7.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gerry G." wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2003 and trying to sum a column in a table. I am trying to
sum the table using a formula field ("Adjusted net loss") my result should be
-3,144,474 NOT -75,593.

The follwoing is my table:

Net loss -3,068,881
Add: 0
Deduct: -75,593
Adjusted net loss -75,593

I have tried the follwoing formulas and received the same result shown above:

=Sum(Above)

=Sum(D57)

=+D5+D6+D7

I have other tables in the same document that sum correctly. Has anyone seen
this problem? How can this problem be corrected?

Thanks for your help,

Gerry