Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mcstr mcstr is offline

Default Envelope Template

That works great, thanks! But....

When I bring up the envelope and type in the Autotext name and press F3,
then press add to document, the return address and logo are off the page to
the left. Is there a way to make sure the placement of the return address
and logo are placed appropriately on the envelope and that it stays that way?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I would be hppay if I could cut and paste my loge and return address info
in
the Return Adddress box in the envelope and labels obx but it wouldn't
paste.

You can get around this as follows:
a. Select the logo+text you want in your Return Address.
b. Click Insert|Autotext|New and give the autotext a name (e.g. "r", "a",
"rta" or some such)
c. when you are in Tools|"Letters and Mailings"|Envelopes and labels,
- clear any existing text from the Return Address box
- type the name you used in (b)
- press F3

With any luck you should see the graphic that you could not get in this box
earlier. If you want to stop the text coming up by default in this box,
ensure you clear it in Tools|Options|User Information|Mailing address and
never select your logo+text as the default mailing address (only the text
and a weird character will be stored).

If you're doing Mailmerge, things are slightly different because you would
typically need to include merge fields in the Envelope address: if you're
/just/ doing envelopes, then you should proceed as I suggested in my earlier
message.

Peter Jamieson

"mcstr" wrote in message
I want to use it as the default envelope when I write a letter and then
choose an envelope. Or when I do a mail merge and use envelopes.

I would be hppay if I could cut and paste my loge and return address info
in
the Return Adddress box in the envelope and labels obx but it wouldn't
paste.

Mick

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

The default when you do what?

What you probably need to do is save the template as a .dot and use Word
File|New to create a new envelope document based on that template. In
that
case you /may/ need to remove any attached data source before you save
the
template, depending on the data source.

Or save the "template" as a .doc and simply open it and modify it as
necessary each time you want to use it.

Did you have something else in mind?

Peter Jamieson

"mcstr" wrote in message
news How do I set the envelope template I've created as the default?