Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Word should not create temporary files while I am editing any docu

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:30:04 -0800, bharteesh
wrote:

I really dont like the concept used by MS Word in creating temporary files
while I am editing any document. When I am editing the document located on my
desktop, there are a bunch of temporary files created on my desktop. Almost
half of my desktop is filled with these temporary files. I really want to get
rid of this.

For an explanation of why and where Word creates temp files, see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632.

It isn't possible to edit in Word without temp files -- they're part
of the design of the entire program, and getting rid of them would
require completely rewriting Word. It just isn't going to happen.

If you don't want to see temp files on your desktop -- even
temporarily -- the only alternative is never to edit a document while
it's on your desktop. Save the file in any other folder and open it
from there, and then you won't have to look at the temp files.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman