Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Can you eliminate $0.00 in form field expression results?

You can do it with formfields as well. The trick is to add the formatting to
the field code and not do it via the form field options dialog.

In the dialog make sure the format box is empty.
Close the dialog.
Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field codes view.
Your field should look something like:
{ FORMTEXT { =Quantity * Price } }
Change it to this:
{ FORMTEXT { =Quantity * Price } \# "$,0.00;-$,0.00;" }
Press Alt+F9 to toggle field codes again

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I take it you are using form fields and that you have some calculated form
fields to derive the sub totals?
Instead of using form fields for the sub totals use calculated Word

fields.

Presumably you have a quantity and a unit price as fields?. Right click

each
field and select properties. Note the bookmark names of those fields and
check the calculate on exit check boxes.
In the sub total fields use a Word formula field eg {= {Text1} * {Text2}

\#
"$,0.00;;"}
This will only show an amount when the result of that calculation is

greater
than 0.

You can use a formula field to calculate the final totals also.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

GD Gerlach wrote:
Not sure what you mean by design mode... In Word 97 there's a
Protect/Unprotect icon (little padlock). Is that what you are
talking about? If I go into the unprotect mode and double click a
form field, I don't see any kind of default number. I'm wondering if
there is something I could add to the formula (expression) to hide
the $0.00.