Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default insert page numbers for each section

1. Don't insert a textbox. If you need to position the section number
horizontally, either tabs (e.g. Format|Tabs) or make the paragraph left,
centre, or right-aligned if one of those suits. For vertical layout, use
Format|Paragraph to adjust the space above/below and Format|Font to adjust
the size of the number.

2. You have to use the special field code braces - you can't just type them.
If you can't get ctrl-F9 to work, try Inset|Field and select the Section
field.

each page and also "forcing" last row of 3 address labels on to next page
where they stand alone - help please

This is almost certainly a consequence of trying to fit too much on the
page, and/or a question of how close your printer can print to the top and
bottom of the page. It may be difficult to insert /anything/ above/below the
labels without having problems, but I think if you succeed with (a) and (2)
you may have a chance.

Peter Jamieson

"waldorfedu" wrote in message
Thank you for your prompt response. I am doing something wrong but I do
not
know what. I opened Header/Footer toolbar and inserted a textbox, could
not
get ctrl-F9 to work so manually typed in { SECTION } but it is appearing
on