Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Caption labels appear in wrong language

I'm glad I could help--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"V. Vamvas" wrote in message
Thank you Stefan, it was the default language selection in the Microsoft
Office 2003 Language Settings which needed adjusting.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that you have English set as the language for Office and
Windows.
See http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"V. Vamvas" V. wrote in message
Here's the situation:
I click "Insert - Reference - Caption" and get the Caption window.
The
problem is that the default caption labels in the "Label:" drop-down
list
are not in english but in greek! Furthermore, these default labels
can't
be
deleted at all!

I have an english Windows XP SP3 installation and my Office version is
english 2003 Professional with all recent updates.

I need to somehow reset these default labels back to english,
preferably
without reinstalling everything. Is there a place where I can just
replace/edit them or maybe replace a file?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.