Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Harry,

Normally, I'd expect to see an OLE_Link as a bookmark name. Where are you
seeing these?

And they're generally created when I copy/paste, say, table data into an MS
Graph datasheet, with a link so that the MS graph will automatically update
when the Word table data changes.

I'll see it when I copy/paste between a Word document and an embedded Excel
worksheet (or vice versa).

IOW, an OLE_Link makes sure data is exchanged properly between an embedded
object and the main document.

How do I prevent OLE_LINKs from being constantly created every time I copy
and paste something from within MS Word (ver, 2003)?

In many cases, these are internal copy and pastes. I am not copying from the
Internet or anything. I am just copying and pasting internally to the
document.

What is the purpose of OLE_LINK?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland