Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Problems with Microsoft Office Word 2007

I wish there was an explanation as to why this key is so vulnerable. There
are hundreds of posts about it. And Microsoft has now created a tool for
deleting that registry key without the need for users to run Regedit, they
must know how frequently this is happening.

See MSKB 940791 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791

Terry

"Day" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 10:15 am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
It sounds like Word was left running whilst this week's updates installed
which corrupted the Word Data Key. You need to run Regedit and navigate
the key and whilst DATA is selected, press DELETE. Word will create a new
key when you restart.

Word data Key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message

Thanks Gordon, I fathomed how to get a blank page again through the
Website you gave me but I am still having problems with the cut and
pasting scenario.

I looked on that website you gave me, but I could not see anywhere on
it
that tells me how to rectify this problem.

Just to recap, in Word 2007, if I try to cut and paste any document or
file into a Word document, it only shows part of the document pasted
into
Word. This never use to happen before and I had no trouble doing this.
Can anybody tell me how I get my Word 2007 back to the status quo so I
can
then cut and paste documents or files into it like I could before?

Wendy

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message
Hi,

I have are a couple of problems with Word 2007.

When I open Word 2007, it comes out with the word "Okay" on each
blank
page document and I do not know how to get it back to a blank page
each
time it is opened. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the writing
and just have a blank document again every time I open it?

Have a look he
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/...cNotBlank.htm- Hide quoted
text -

Hi Terry,
Thanks for your advise. I followed your steps and deleted the DATA as
instructed and Word 2007 works again! I too had Word open on one of
those nights when updates took place.