Andy280575

Default Templates - Slow down over dial up

Hi

Excuse the non-tech speak in places.

Word 2000: We have a number of templates that are used for corporate
documents, these seem to work fine until you dial up from home. The document
you are opening from the server takes longer than it should and it appears to
be searching the network for template related things (styles? maybe).

My understanding is that unlike Excel (where everything from a template is
copied into the new spreadsheet), Word does not copy everything from the
custom/global template but needs to get that information during the course of
opening and using the document. Is this correct?

Can someone let me know what causes the extra work when dialing in, is the
above correct and is there a way round this?

Many thanks

Andy