Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathryn kathryn is offline

Default drag and drop

Hi

I am using Word 2007 and for some reason can no longer drag and drop text.
I've checked using several documents and the same problem arises -
the text becomes highlighted - there is a little dotted line to mark where
the cursor is and this moves happily enough to the new destination but there
is a circle with diagonal line across indicating that the text cannot move.

I've gone into the Word Options Advanced and the "Allow text to be dragged
and dropped" is checked.

I'm working on an 8000 word essay so being able to drag and drop will be
pretty essential - I can cut and paste but it's not the same!

Any suggestions welcome - let me know if more info is needed.

Many thanks