Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Supid message when applying border

Hi JN,

What version of Word and how are you selecting the table.

The 1-31pt range appears in Format=Borders and Shading in
the /Borders\ tab under options when 'paragraph' is the selection rather than table and in the /Page border\ tab Options dialog.

In the original message it appears that you want to apply a blue line to the outside of each table. It's possible that 'table'
isn't the selected area?

==========
"JN" wrote in message ...
Hi. I have a large document which has a few tables in it.
I am trying to outline each table with a blue line.
I highlight the table, click BORDERS AND SHADING, but I only get the shading
tab and when I try and click Borders I get this message:
The measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt.
What on earth is that supposed to mean???
I'm getting the message on any other of the tables and cells and rows.
Hope someone can help
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP