Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Supid message when applying border

I can't reproduce the problem with a table that originates from the same
source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JN" wrote in message
Thanks all.
I'm working on Word 2003
The table was copied from an Excel 03 spreadsheet.
I was able to use the Boarder Icon on the toolbar to overide the existing
blue boarder and then I could open the Border tab of the Borders & Shading
dialog box.
But when I went to put a thicker border with the options there, I got the
same message. None of them worked. Even the thinnest one and black.
Obviously this is a glitch. I've given up on it. Annoying though
Thanks a lot anyway

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi JN,

What version of Word and how are you selecting the table.

The 1-31pt range appears in Format=Borders and Shading in
the /Borders\ tab under options when 'paragraph' is the selection rather
than table and in the /Page border\ tab Options dialog.

In the original message it appears that you want to apply a blue line to
the outside of each table. It's possible that 'table'
isn't the selected area?

==========
"JN" wrote in message
Hi. I have a large document which has a few tables in it.
I am trying to outline each table with a blue line.
I highlight the table, click BORDERS AND SHADING, but I only get the
shading
tab and when I try and click Borders I get this message:
The measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt.
What on earth is that supposed to mean???
I'm getting the message on any other of the tables and cells and rows.
Hope someone can help
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP