Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lightjag Lightjag is offline

Default How to suppress an entire row in a table, if no data?

Thanks! but what would the IF test look like?

ex/
Client 1 - "Table 1: approx 5 individual tables"
Year Return
2003 N/A = suppress this row
2004 N/A = suppress this row
2005 10%
2006 8%
2007 7%

Note: I can have the year and return columns pull blanks (i.e. "") from
excel, but I still need to suppress the blank rows.

Thanks in advance for help in writing the "IF Test".
"macropod" wrote:

Lightjag

You can't do that directly with a mailmerge.

You could, however, have 10 consecutive 1-row tables and use an IF test to determine whether a particular table should be displayed.
If you set the paragraph that necessarily separates these table to 1pt high, they'll look much the same as a single table.

Alternatively, you could have have 10 consecutive tables with increasing row counts and use an IF test to determine which of those
tables should be displayed.

In either case, you put the entire table within the corresponding IF test.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lightjag" wrote in message ...

Q: how to suppress an entire row in a table, if the first row or column cell
is blank?

Background:

1) I am doing a mail merge will Excel 2007.

2) Excel data base: 100 clients each in a row with corresponding data
by year in each column.

3) Problem: I am sending a letter to each client with their data in a
table. Some clients have been with us for 10 years some have not, so the
first couple of rows in the table for some clients may be blank, how do it
suppress these rows?