Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_12_] John[_12_] is offline

Default Document created by older version of Word won't open

I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have
some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be
opened. I get this error message:

"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier
version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in
this version by your registry policy setting."

How do I fix this? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.