Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Merging Fields

Hi Paul,

You can do the same thing by select the two cells containing the data on a given row, then selecting Table|Merge Cells. You repeat
this for each row. That's essentially what Greg's macro does for you.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Paul A" (donotsp wrote in message ...
Greg, you solved the puzzle and I appreciate your efforts in my behalf.
However, I am almost 70, and have not put together a macro of my own since
maybe 1992, and so I am completely snowed. That's alright. I assumed there
was a function to do what I want, and you have successfully eliminated that
for me.
--
Any response appreciated, Paul Archibald

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

You can do it with a macro:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim i As Long
With Selection.Tables(1)
For i = 1 To .Rows.Count
.Cell(Row:=i, Column:=4).Merge MergeTo:=.Cell(Row:=i, Column:=5)
Next i
End With
End Sub

Paul A wrote:
Table exists. The info contained in col 4 should be combined with
the info in col 5, resulting in one less column overall. How do they
do it in Word 2003?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org