Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers and Footers in legal pleadings

No, you will have sent the document to our Webmaster. Instead send it to me
at the address from which this message was sent. You can see my email
address if you click on my name in the message. Or you can send it to the
Webmaster at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message
Suzanne: I went to the word.mvps.org site and thence to "Contact Us" and
sent an e-mail to that address--if that isn't the right place to get it to
you, tell me where else to send it. Thanks.

dc

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, please send me the template, as you have definitely piqued my
curiosity!

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message
Yes, I know it sounds strange, but I think I got this template off the

MS
website. Here is what it is:

At the bottom of the page, where you expect to see the footer, there

it
is:
a dotted line going across the page, labeled footer

And below that, at the very bottom edge of the page, is the header: a

dotted
line going across and labeled header. This line is usually at the top

of
the
page but in this template it is actually below the footer at the

bottom. I
can send you the template if you'd like to look at it.

ddc

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It doesn't make sense to say that the header is at the bottom of the

page.
The header is by definition at the top of the page. Are you saying

that
elements usually placed in the header are sometimes placed in the

footer?
You can put text in either the header or footer or both irrespective

of
what
graphic elements (text box, frame, drawing lines) are anchored to

the
header.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message
I'm comparing some legal pleadings (with numbers running

vertically on
left
margin for each line, as well as a vertical line). I'm noticing

that
sometimes the header and the footer are both at the bottom of the

page,
and
sometimes they aren't. Two questions:

How do I make it so that the header is up top--I'm assuming it has
something
to do with the vertical elements being put in the header rather

than
the
footer or vice-versa?

Apart from the above problem, how do I adjust the height of the

footer
or
the header? thanks.

dc