Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default Excel to Word question

In addition, by default, files copied to a CD will have the Read Only
attribute set in the File Properties. After copying the file to the Hard
Disk, the user will need to right click on the file in Windows Explorer
and select Properties and uncheck the Read Only box.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Pat" wrote in message
I copied an Excel table into Word and then copied it to a CD-RW for
someone
else to update periodically. They can edit and make changes but are
unable
to Save the changes. Working with the CD, is there anything they can do
enable them to save? I no longer have the original Excel or Word tables
on
my computer.

Just a small point and I am in no way skilled in this. However I have a
booking form I use on excel and if I send it to whoever by email and they
fill in the details (from opening in the email) and then return it does not
save the information, if however they save to desktop complete and then
re-attach to an email it does save it. May give you some pointers.