Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default SaveAs & ChangeFileOpenDirectory

See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm .

JustinBailey wrote:

I have a document named test.doc saved in C:\one. I open that document in
Word (2003). Now I want a macro that shows the SaveAs dialog defaulting to
C:\two instead of C:\one. I've tried...

ChangeFileOpenDirectory "C:\two\"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show

...and...

Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Name = "C:\two\"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show

...but those only seem to work on unsaved documents and not at all,
respectively. And not that it makes a noticeable difference either way but
Tools Options File Locations Documents is already set to C:\two. Any
suggestions?