Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HRobinson HRobinson is offline

Default Creating multiple TOC

That is my problem - when I press ALT F9 nothing happens. I can select the
"Toggle Field Codes" against individual line items in the contents, but not
see the code for the whole field (ie the tutorial has what the code should
be, but all i can see are individual line codes {HYPERLINK.\1."Toc148850471".}

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Alt+F9 should display the field code for the existing TOC. Ctrl+F9 inserts a
blank field for you to create something from scratch. You should see { }
with the insertion point in the middle of the space between the braces,
waiting for you to type your field syntax. If you don't know what to type,
you're better off using Insert | Field to do this or, in the case of a TOC,
Insert | Reference | Index and Tables, just as you did with the first TOC.

"HRobinson" wrote in message
I am trying to create multiple TOC's within the Practice word document,
provided in the training section for Microsoft Word.

I can do everything up to Step 3: Create a second TOC step 3 - "Press

ALT+F9
to see the field codes..." and step 4 "Press CTRL + F) to insert a blank
field..."

The cursor is on the second line beneath the existing TOC as instructed.
When I press "ALT+F9" or "CRTL+F9" nothing happens. I am assuming at each
step the keys are held down together (ie ALT key and the F9 key are

pressed
simultaneously or rather, the ALT key is held down while I press the F9

key).

Do I need to have some sort of add in put into word, or somehow set up the
short cut? How do I fix this so I am manually able to insert a table.

thanks