Graham Mayor

{Mergefield datefieldname \@ "dddd, d MMM yyyy"}

The decimal could be a tad more complicated

{ IF { Mergefield numberfieldname } = {=INT({ Mergefield
numberfieldname }) } "{ Mergefield numberfieldname \# "#" }" " { Mergefield
numberfieldname \# "#.##" }" }

Change the fieldnames as approipriate

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
These are very helpful in nutting out a few other nightmares with XP
(fun fun fun) but I am unable to find anything on getting the date to
come up in the right format in Word after the merge or why the .0 is
appearing. Very AAggghhhhhhh

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm and/or the
Excel data section of

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
We have recently swapped over to Windows XP and I am now having a
problem with merging to Word. I need to insert a pre-determined
date which is entered in excel as a dd/mm/yy (ie 03/03/05) raw data
set to dddd, dd mmm yyyy (ie Thursday, 03 March 2005) format in
Excel to
keep this format in Word. In our old version this would merge over
automatically keeping the day month etc typed out but now with XP
this formatting is being lost (showing as ie 03/03/05 12:00AM). The
formatting refers to the actual text rather than just the font
style.

Also numbers are having .0 added to the end after the merge. (ie 75
in excel (cell format etc set to numbers with 0 decimal) is being
merged to Word as 75.0)
Any suggestions???