Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word 2003 Hangs when changing indents

Hi ?B?Q2luZHlCLg==?=,

Turning off the automatic formatting seems to have done the trick. Now the
only thing I'm noticing is that documents are very slow to save. Also I
notice that Word always makes a backup copy of the document regardless of how
many times I uncheck the box.

Ahhh. It's been a while since this has come up because MS changed some
installation defaults after Office 97, but I wonder...

If "Journaling" for Word documents is turned on in OUTLOOK, this slow down
saving in Word. The more often you save, the slower it gets, because Outlook is
busy writing and indexing the information. Even if you never use Outlook, if
it's installed it would be worth checking that out.

As to the backup-copy: just to be certain, please tell me where you see the
checkbox. Does it "recheck" itself as soon as you click "OK"? Or only the next
time you start Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org