Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003 Hangs when changing indents

The Journaling setting in Outlook 2003 is accessed via Tools | Options |
Preferences: Contacts: Journal Options.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?Q2luZHlCLg==?=,

Sure beats me how Word 2003 functions. There are times I'm convinced

little
gremlins have taken it over.

Quite possibly g

Can't find anything about 'journaling' in Outlook.

Then you can't have looked very hard. F1, then type Journal into the

search
field. You'll get at least 10 hits. Plus, from the "New" button's dropdown

list
there's an entry "New Journal entry". Then there's Go/Journal...

It stayed unchecked while the document was opened. Whenever a new

document
was opened , or word 2003 was started again the box would appear

rechecked.
Except for just now when I opened the program to trace the point and

click
steps to the save tab. The "make back up copy" box was clear!

I'm pretty sure this setting is controlled by the DATA key in the

Registry. One
fairly common reason for options "not sticking" is when this key has

become
damaged. Deleting it, so that Word generates it again with the

installation
defaults, is how to get things more "stable". You'll find instructions on

how
to do that on the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland