Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to stop Word replacing @ with " and vice versa

This is typical of the problem of using a US keyboard with UK settings or
vice versa. Check regional settings languages details again.

Aunty Vi wrote:
Thanks for replying! I don't think that is it though, as I already
checked the settings, and they are set to "English - UK" which is
correct for me. Also, there are options in there to change how
times/dates/numbers are displayed, but I couldn't find anything about
this problem. Any other ideas what I can try?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You have the wrong keyboard configuration setup in Windows Regional
settings. Change it to the one you are actually using.

Aunty Vi wrote:
I think I have accidentally changed something (hit an unlucky key
combination or similar) and now when I type @ on my keyboard it
writes speech marks ("), and when I hit " it writes @ - but only in
Word or when using Word as editor in Outlook for example. In other
applications it's still normal. I've searched auto-correct, Word
help and on here, but can't find out how to change it back; can
anyone help please?