?yvind Blom

Default Splitting large word 97 file with linked images

I have a rather large word file with over 250 pages and more than 200
images. I want to split this file into serveral sub-documents that are
to be published in Sharepoint 2003.

Most of the images are linked to the document from a sub-folder and
not saved in the file to minimize file size. My problem happens when
trying to remove the linking by edit/links, select all the links, and
break links. The menu item "links" on the edit menu is greyed out.

I have tried removing write-protection and enabling all user-rights
but still the menu item remains unusable.

Is this a windows problem or word 97 fault or is there a way of
converting this using other software ? Like converting the document
with Open Office. (..sorry for the blasphemy in an MS newsgroup)
Gratful for any hints.

Thanks
Oyvind