Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?yvind,

Are these linked graphics formatted with text wrap (float over text)? If
yes, then you won't be able to work with them via Edit/Links. Try
formatting them in line with the text (remove the "float") and you
should be able to edit the links

I have a rather large word file with over 250 pages and more than 200
images. I want to split this file into serveral sub-documents that are
to be published in Sharepoint 2003.

Most of the images are linked to the document from a sub-folder and
not saved in the file to minimize file size. My problem happens when
trying to remove the linking by edit/links, select all the links, and
break links. The menu item "links" on the edit menu is greyed out.

I have tried removing write-protection and enabling all user-rights
but still the menu item remains unusable.

Is this a windows problem or word 97 fault or is there a way of
converting this using other software ? Like converting the document
with Open Office. (..sorry for the blasphemy in an MS newsgroup)
Gratful for any hints.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org