Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default About titles and numbering

Thank you very much for the quick response. Please excuse me for not adding
the version I use. It's Word 2007.
I visited the site you gave me, but it appears that this is for earlier
versions only. I know how to do the numbering in word 2003, but I just cannot
get it to work in Word 2007...
So the problem is not solved yet... I'd be glad if anyone could help me out.

Thanks,
Daniel

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You haven't told us your version of Word, but the general principles of
outline numbering in Word are described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,
I want to number my titles automatically, like this:
1. Heading1
1.1. Heading2
1.1.1. Heading3
2. Heading1
2.1. Heading2

The problem is, the numbering always resets when I try to do it:
1. Heading1
2. Heading2
3. Heading3
4. Heading1

Can anyone help me with this? I need some tips very urgently, bacause my
paper has to be finished by tomorrow

Thank you very much,
Daniel