Luc

Jeff,
Go to Tools - options - on the view tab remove the check next to windows on
taskbar, top item in column three of the view section.
Luc
"Jeff" schreef in bericht
Using Word 2002 in XP

When I open Word it opens a blank document 1 - which is normal.

When I then click on "File/Open.." and click on one of my saved documents,
the new document opens as a 2nd window leaving "Document 1" open. This is

new behavior. I am not sure what I changed, but I think I recall the saved
document replacing the unused Document 1 instead of opening a 2nd window.
How do I get back to that earlier behavior?

Thanks.
--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam