Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LucyB\(UK\)

Default ~DF####.tmp files ??

Why are ~DF####.tmp files being created in C:\Documents and
Settings\User1\Local Settings\Temp.

Ive reinstalled Office2000 after a reformat and never had these files being
created before but they seem to be connected some way to Word because a new
one gets created everytime Word is opened. The strange thing is they are
being created a few times daily as well even though Word/Office is not being
used neither is any Office component that Im aware of set to run at start
up. I can manually delete all but the most recent one because it is "being
used by another person or program".

What are these tmp files? Can I find out whats creating them? Can I stop
them from being created?

Thanks
LB(UK)