Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Default will "field link" link a table in Word to an Excel table?

rock crushing engineer was telling us:
rock crushing engineer nous racontait que :

I am still trying to link an excel table to word doc. I have tried
to paste as a "link" and "embedded" yet the table in Word will not
update as Excel changes. Can I use "field link"? I have tried the

How are you establishing the link?

I have ried with all format available under Edit Paste Special... Paste
link:
and they all update whenever I make changes to my Excel table (Even
Unformatted text or Bitmap).

Word help and found { LINK ClassName "FileName" [PlaceReference ]
[Switches ] } What would the class name be? The example shows 2
arrays for [PlaceReference].

E.g:
LINK
ClassName : Excel.Sheet.8
"FileName" : "Book1"
[PlaceReference ] : "Sheet1!R1C1:R8C4"
[Switches ] : \a \p (a: automatic update p: object as picture)
or:
{LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "Book1" "Sheet1!R1C1:R8C4" \a \p}

--
Salut!