Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie in Sussex Julie in Sussex is offline

Default Save As in Word 2007 - display of files in folder

Hi,
I started a new document by selecting a template. I then wanted to save it
immediately with a document file name. When I did a Save As and selected the
correct Folder for it to be saved in, I couldn't see the names of the files
which were already there!! I double checked in Computer, and the files are
definitely there. However, when I open an existing document Save As works as
expected - all files in the Folder are displayed.
This is a real nuisance as I need to name documents in numerical order - I
pick the next one by checking the last file name used, e.g. if I see
Letter12, I would name the new document Letter13.
I have checked through various options in Word, and both on-line and
off-line help but cannot find any reference to how to sort it out.
Please advise!
Regards,
Julie