Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jdaman1998 jdaman1998 is offline

Default How do I limit text output from a merge field?

It would appear you are correct. It is not a large database, so adding
the new column and separating the middle name to its own field did not
present a problem.
Also, how do you use the format feature in the Address Block screen?
Thanx,
Graham Mayor wrote:
It's all the field or nothing - split the field in your data source.

jdaman1998 wrote:
Hi;
This seems like it should be a very easy thing to do. In Access, I
put both the First Name and Middle Initial into the "First Name"
field. When I print my advertisements using Word Mail Mere, I want
only the first name to appear, ignoring the initial. I am guessing
there is an "If/ Then" statement or something that I can insert that
will have mailmerge only use the letters before the space, but I
can't figure out how to do that. Of course, I could make a middle
initial field in Access, and just might do that. I was just curious
and would like to learn more of this aspect of mail merge anyway.
Thanx
Jdaman