Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Benjamin Barrett Benjamin Barrett is offline

Default continuous section break changes to new page - Word 2007

For a journal article, I need a single-column section followed by a
double-column section, where the seam between the two is on the same page.

In Word, I place the cursor at the beginning of the section that needs to be
double-column and insert a continuous break. Voila: It jumps to the next
page. The other method is to place the cursor in the same location and select
two columns beginning at that point in the document. Again, the text jumps to
the next page.

Does anyone know how to break this correctly?