Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jsloan1223 jsloan1223 is offline

Default mailmerge labels line spacing

Hey Doug, I think Peter is correct, but since I copied the code from the
first message, it doesn't really make any difference, and I already had that
part correct. (for the untrained eyes: there is a misspelling a vs o in the
second msg from Doug, but it is correct in the first message taht lists the
code)

Can I just copy over my labelmacro.docm to other machines and voila it
magically works?

Jocelyn

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

IF the name of the macro is Sub MailMergePropogateLabel(), it will run
automatically when you take the Propogate Label or Update Labels step of
setting up a label type mail merge main document. You do not need to add it
to a toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jsloan1223" wrote in message
okay maybe I don't know what I"m doing. I created a new template called
labelmacro.dotm and saved it in the startup folder as directed. I have
the
macro available to me, and I have added it to my toolbar, but it does not
automatically apply itself to mailmerge labels.

Originally when I created the macro, it named it as
Normal.NewMacros.MailMergePropogateLabel

Where did I do something wrong? (and how do I fix it?)

Jocelyn

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Assuming that you have the macro in a template (.dotm) other than the
Normal.dotm template, save it in C:\Documents and Settings\Applications
Data\Micorosoft\Word\Startup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jsloan1223" wrote in message
I managed to get the macro created and saved, but I don't know how to
put
it
into a template that is saved in the word/startup folder. My templates
are
stored in c:\docs and settings\username\application
data\microsoft\templates\*.dotm

Can I add it to the normal template (how?) so that it makes everything
always single spaced? (I already change the default line spacing when
first install office 2007 onto their machines. If I can just copy my a
normal.dotm file onto their machines, that would be a fairly easy
workaround.)

Jocelyn Sloan, Network+
Technology Coordinator
Diocese of Fargo
www.fargodiocese.org

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use Shift+Enter instead of Enter to create each new line in the label
content. Then the 5.5pt space before will only apply to the first
line
of
the label and99.9% of the time will not cause a problem.

Alternatively, put the following macro in a template that you save in
the
Word\Startup folder and it will run when the user propagates the label
setup, changing the spacebefore to 0 and also overcoming a problem
that
occurs if the user is using a Tablet PC or a PC that has "tablet like"
functionality available.

snip