Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Footer table styles take on new styles

Make sure you have "Define styles based on your formatting" disabled (Tools
| AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type).

http://word.mvps.org

"MLBeck" wrote in message
I have a table in a footer that has several footer styles that I have
named (e.g. Footer Body, Footer Table Head, etc.) Sometimes in a
document for reasons I can't figure, the text will take on other
styles (such as a Title style) usually causing my tables to expand
astronomically and causing much distress. Any idea what is happening?

Also, sometimes I open my document and find all my rules around my
tables have disappeared. Where should I be looking for the problem?