Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2003

You're not really in the right group here.

Maybe you got an answer somewhere else, but
a. I don't use Autotext much myself
b. as far as I can see Word won't expand anything that you type immediately
after a number
c. I would probably either
- use an autocorrect that replaced yo by year-old and just type 53-yo
instead, or
- set up an autotext for 53yo (and of course all the other numbers I
needed - that could probably be done using a macro, or simply each time you
encountered one you hadn't used before.

Peter Jamieson

"AttractiveMT" wrote in message
Word 2003/autocorrect is giving me a hard time. I am a medical
transcriptionist and rely on expansions, some say macros. A while back I
asked this question, how do I make yo expand to -year-old using my
autocorrect. You cannot just put it in and use replace with. Last time,
had to use the semicolon to make it expand 53;yo would expand to
53-year-old.
I made a mistake and deleted it and now it no longer works when I just put
in autocorrect yo for and replace with -year-old. This is the only
expansion
that I know of that needs a helper like a semicolon to expand. Could
someone
please help me.