Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BCP BCP is offline

Default Clicking .doc file in explorer opens Word 2007 not word 2007

I'm using Win XP Home and had Office 2007 installed first on this PC, but
decided not to use this as I hated it and so installed Office 2003 instead.
I would like, if possible, to keep Office 2007 on the PC as well but mainly
use office 2003.

At the moment I can run Word 2003 and open old .doc files from within it and
they open fine, but what I can't do is run Word 2003 by clicking .doc files
in Windows Explorer, Word 2007 opens each time. (The same happens with Excel
2003/2007 and .xls files).

I have tried changing the file association info in File Types, but this
looks as if it's all ok and should run Word 2003 when opening the .doc file,
but it doesn't - it always runs Word 2007. This is really annoying and I
really want to change it.

Thanks