Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Importing records containing carriage returns

Hi
I'm trying to import a text file created using the Progress Report
Builder into a Word 2003 mail merge document. I've done this without
any problem before but because each record in this text file has
between four and ten lines each ending with a carriage return
character Word won't let me do it. I keep getting the error 'record n
contained too few data fields'. I'm setting the field delimeter to #
and the record delimeter to $ so surely it shouldn't matter fi each
record contains up to 10 carriage returns.

Any help please.