There seems to be a contradiction in your second paragraph. Can you or can't
you print borderless from Office? Have you tried printing from Word? It may
be that Print Preview lies.

"kushmtlaurel" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've gone through the printer settings and

selected
borderless. I've also called HP support to ensure I had their settings
correct. Even with those set, I can tell it's something within MS Word
because the print preview won't show a background going to the borders.

It's as though Word is assuming the printer can not do borderless and
limiting the minimum border size. If I try to print a picture in MS

office
picture manager, that prints borderless fine. I have not benn able to get
any of the MS Office apps to print borderless. Our intention was to do
colored brochures.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would imagine this will be a printer setting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"kushmtlaurel" wrote in message
I have a printer that can print borderless (HP 9670). When I place

bars
and
boxes on a document at the edge, they look fine in print layout view.
However, when I go to print preview, Word has added a margin on the

side
(~1/8") and bottom (~1/2"). It won't let me get rid of the margin.