kushmtlaurel

Graham,
Thanks. I will check that sight.

However, the current HP driver I'm using prints borderless fine from other
programs (i.e. MS Picture-IT, MS Office Picture Manager, Adobe Indesign). So
the printer driver is allowing those programs to print borderless. Have you
ever been able to print borderless from Word?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word doesn't assume anything about the print area. It will only print what
the driver will allow it to print. Assuming that you have matching page
sizes in the driver options and in Word and have no scaling options set, the
limits are those read from the driver. If that is wrong, then it's a driver
problem. HP, FWIW, has a history of printer driver anomalies - it often
posts beta updates to quietly fix such issues at
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/ . See if there's a driver there for your
printer.

kushmtlaurel wrote:
Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've gone through the printer settings and
selected borderless. I've also called HP support to ensure I had
their settings correct. Even with those set, I can tell it's
something within MS Word because the print preview won't show a
background going to the borders.

It's as though Word is assuming the printer can not do borderless and
limiting the minimum border size. If I try to print a picture in MS
office picture manager, that prints borderless fine. I have not benn
able to get any of the MS Office apps to print borderless. Our
intention was to do colored brochures.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would imagine this will be a printer setting.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"kushmtlaurel" wrote in
message ...
I have a printer that can print borderless (HP 9670). When I place
bars and boxes on a document at the edge, they look fine in print
layout view. However, when I go to print preview, Word has added a
margin on the side (~1/8") and bottom (~1/2"). It won't let me get
rid of the margin.