Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
M.L. M.L. is offline

Default How do I output Word 2003 merge as HTML?

Hi. I'm just learning how to use Word 2003 mail merge to create
HTML templates for my website. The only problem is that the
resulting pages are output as .doc files instead of .html. Is there
a way I can set mail merge options to output my result as HTML
files instead? Thanks.

Look at the variety of file types you can save a document as from
the
File Save As dialog!

Thanks for your reply. However, the Word 2000 mailmerge does not
offer a Save As dialog box when it gets ready to merge the document.
The results are automatically saved as .doc files.

Oops - sorry, I hadn't had my breakfast when I wrote that. I was
forgetting which group I was in.

You could output to a new document and use the splitter macro from
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm to break to
individual documents saved as html.

Change the fileformat in the line
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=DocName, FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
wdFormatHTML
and the extension in the line
DocName = "D:\My Documents\Temp\Workgroup\" & Format(Date, mask) _
& " " & LTrim$(Str$(Counter)) & ".doc"
from doc to htm

I don't know much about scripting and expected something
simpler. But if I have to I'll give it a try. Thanks again.