Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Individual merge letters - add-in error

While for other purposes on my machine, I do have a reference to the
Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library, there is nothing in that Mail Merge
to Docs add-in that is using anything from that library. Try unchecking the
add-in from the ToolsTemplates and Add-in menu item again, then open the
Visual Basic Editor, and select that project and then somewhere in one of
the modules, press the Enter Key (just so that the system thinks that it has
been changed) and then on the toolbar in the Visual Basic Editor, click on
the Save button.

Then, shut down Word completely, then re-start it and see if it works.

Please do let us know how you get on.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"C. Cunningham" wrote in message
Okay, you might need to bear with me, because although I'm an experienced
Word user, and have created tons of complex merges with embedded IF
statements, I've never actually gone into the VB editor before yesterday,
so
this is a new world for me, and I might not use the proper terminology.

I turned off the add-in, and opened the template, but the add-in was still
turned on. I can't get the change to stick. I unchecked the add-in again
and opened the VB editor. I went to ViewProject Explorer and opened the
"Modules" folder, under which I have two files "Module1" and "Printers".
also have a "Class Modules" folder which contains the file "Merge
Application".

When I select any of the 3 files, and select DebugCompile
TemplateProject,
I get an error message that reads:

Compile error:
Can't find project or library

After clicking OK, it takes me to the References - TemplateProject Dialog
box and the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library reference is preceded by
"MISSING:".

According to the help files, I should browse my system to look for the
missing reference, but I don't know where to look.