Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Individual merge letters - add-in error

To do that, you will need to make the following changes to the:

Private Sub app_MailMergeAfterMerge(ByVal Doc As Document, ByVal DocResult
As Document)

Change the line

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=False)

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=True)

and add the following line:

ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdPrintView

before the line:

NewDoc.SaveAs FldrPath & fnames(i)

Note however that you will get a lot more screen activity during the
process.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"C. Cunningham" wrote in message
That's it! I tested it and it works great! I replaced all occurences of
C:\settings.txt with C:\Documents and Settings\ccunningham\My Documents\My
Documents, and it worked just fine, and I tested it on my co-worker's
computer and it also works.

Thank you both Doug and Graham so much for all of your help on this issue!

I have just one final question. When I open the newly created individual
merge files, they open in the "Normal" screen view, instead of "Print
Layout"
view. Is there a code I can put somewhere that will save the file in
print
layout view instead?