Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default SUM of two mergefields with possible null values

Hi bronco,

In that case, try:
{={IF{MERGEFIELD TAX}= "" 0 {MERGEFIELD TAX}}+{IF{MERGEFIELD SECONDTAX}= "" 0 {MERGEFIELD SECONDTAX}}}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"bronco104 via OfficeKB.com" u41930@uwe wrote in message news:80e83cca2ab0a@uwe...
Thank for the response, macro.
I've been able to add the two mergefields together previously... it's the
potential null values that are the issue here. Whether I use my SUM function
or your suggestion, it works fine until my data file gives a null value. I
then get syntax errors.

I need to add something to handle null values when they crop up... maybe an
IF function?

macropod wrote:
Hi bronco,

Try:
{={MERGEFIELD TAX \# 0.00}+{ MERGEFIELD SECONDTAX \# 0.00}}

Cheers
I'm using Word 2007 to mailmerge invoice data from a DBF file. The DBF file
presents two tax fields that we would like to add together and show as one

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Any help would be appreciated.