Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ragland

Default How can I edit Index format "template" to add headings

Word 2002
For some reason updating an Index makes the right dot leaders disappear even
though I selected dot leaders when the Index was first generated using the
"Modern' format. This is not the case when I use the "template" format.
However, I like the headings that the "Modern" template uses. When I go to
modify the "template" format I can't add Index Heading to the template -- the
New and Delete buttons are grayed out on the Styles dialog box. Any
suggestions?