Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Styles won't stick

Word XP.

I modify by opening up the style dialog, clicking on "save to template" and then going in and modifying the Font attributes.
It's working for my other styles -- just not for footnotes. Although -- I DID have success at changing the shading color.
But I still can't change to 10-point font. It stays at 12-points.

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:06:44 +0200, "Stefan Blom" wrote:

Which version of Word is this? How are you modifying the style?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
.. .
I'm working on a text, based on a template that I started in Normal, and
then saved as a separate template. I cannot
get all of the styles to stick. I've been trying to set the FootnoteText
style to font size 10, with a light grey shading.
It keeps defaulting to my old Normal size 12 with dark gray shading.
Hellllllllp!

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!