martincrow martincrow is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rasmussen View Post
We are also trying to use digital signatures with Word 2007 documents that
are protected. Users can't just double click the signature line to sign the
form unless the file is unprotected. Jay came up with a solution in an older
version of Word but the menu path doesn't match what's in Word 2007. There
is nothing for "Security" in the Word Options dialog now. Any advice?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

First protect the document for forms and save it. Then go to Tools Options
Security, click the Digital Signatures button, and apply the PKI

certificate.

If you later open the document and enter anything in the form, and then
click Save, you'll see a message that the digital signature will be removed
if you continue. That's because the document content no longer matches the
hash used for the original signature. If you want the form to still be
signed, you'll have to sign it again after saving.

--

JulieKathe wrote:
We are using PKI for our digital signatures. I can digitally sign a
document and I can protect a document, but I can't seem to do both at
the same time.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What sort of digital signatures did you have in mind?

JulieKathe wrote:
I have a couple of different Word forms that are protected so that
they can only be filled out. Is there any way to keep this setting
and also be able to digital signatures? I haven't been able to get
both...sure would be nice not to have to print!

I am using this technique to digitally sign the documents, and by the way, when we digitally sign a document then it becomes read only, and we don't have to worry about the security of the document, because no one can edit that document after signing.