Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Christie Stoermer Christie Stoermer is offline

Default Why does "x" close word entirely and not just my current docum

This was my question, as well. Where did my close document 'x' go? If I
forget to open a new document before I try to close the old one, I dump the
entire program. That is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

What is a QAT and how do I add a "close" button to it, and how does this
work? I would really appreciate any non-tech-speak answer you could give me
as all I do is type on this machine.

Thanks in advance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You're not blind. But you can add a Close button to the QAT that will close
just the document.

"Marlene" wrote in message
When I'm working in Word 07 and I go to close the current document with
the
small "x" on the top right hand corner it closes the word software and not
just my current document on top. Am I blind as I don't see another "x" to
close just the current document I'm working on. Do I need to set something
up
differently than word 03?