Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default header and footer on first page only

The header and footer disappear because the header and footer you just
created are the Header and Footer for the second and subsequent pages. If
you insert a page break to create a second page, you'll see them again. If
the text you put in the Header or Footer is what you want on the first page
then cut it from the Header/Footer and put it in the First Page
Header/Footer. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm and/or
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Nanodream" wrote in message
I have checked the 'different on first page' option under headers &

footers
for page setup. Once I do that, the head & footer dissapear - even if the
document is only one page long. What am I doing wrong?